Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Resurrection Sunday!

Wow. Today was the first Easter service I've ever attended that was void of sin, repentence, and the sacrifice on the cross so that we can be in a right relationship with the Father. I also didn't know there are two types of "Christians," those who live in the natural (those who are "saved" but still have a lot of problems, read: can't kick their sin habits) and those who live by the Spirit (those who are living that "abundant life"). Hmm...I would think that the former would just not be Christians, if they are still in a lifestyle of sin. Five people got "saved" because they "confessed their sin and accept Jesus into" their hearts. (Although, this is the first mention of sin, and I'm sure there is no understanding of it as a result...and since when do WE accept Jesus...I though, He accepts us...)

I actually left service, confused!

Anyway, this was completely the oddest resurrection day I've ever experienced.

The little kids did a short program. It was in Chinese, but my understanding (because I did my own translating) is that we are covered by sin and satan has a hold on us, but Jesus came in His love to set us free. I think this was the most Biblical thing for the afternoon.





There's an Easter Play tonight, but it's in Chinese, and I'm sure I'll just be frustrated with a typical emergent message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home