Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Never in my life...

I have I had a contract that changes so much. What is the point of a contract? It's not to protect me, that's for sure. It's only used as a manipulation tool.
I found out that either, I have to pay for my roundtrip airfare this summer OR the school will buy a one way ticket and I must purchase the way back...and then be reimbursed after I return. Neither of these options were agreed upon in Sansia. I wasted 2 hours of my life sitting through that meeting. And now my school comes up with excuses: "Oh our school is so poor! We can't put the money out because we don't have a budget." Or..."The accountant is worried that someone will check up on her...and it's two different school years."

Well, get your freakin' story straight. What excuse is it? I don't believe it.

If I don't have a roundtrip ticket for July, I'm not coming back.

And the kicker today...I found out that I have to make a presentation to our school and BOE to defend myself as to why I should receive my incentive pay at the end of the term!!! Are you kidding me!?!?!?!?!!!? My contract says nothing of this and in fact only speaks of the incentive based on PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS!!! Since when do I have to defend myself (and beg, yes, I see this as begging) to receive my incentive pay...(Oh, so I have to make this book of everything I've done this year for this meeting...It really sounds to me like this is not my job and really belongs to someone else...From what it sounds like, the responsibility is being placed on me because someone else doesn't want to do it....But I shouldn't be shocked...that's nothing new to my school).

The excuse: No one knows what I've been doing.

OMG!! Are you kidding me?!? Not only do I submit weekly forms of what I've done for the week, but we discuss what I do in monthly meetings!!!

It's not the fact that people don't know what I've done...it's the fact that no one bothers to pay attention.

I think what makes me upset the most is that there is no advocacy for us. There's no such thing as a teacher's union. There's no one to speak on my behalf when I think things are unfair. I spoke up to the Labor Division when they came for a routine visit because my questions were not being answered! What happened? I got in trouble for it.

God, why are you telling me to stay?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home