Sunday, December 09, 2007

For With God Nothing Shall Be Impossible (Luke 1:37)

I'm sharing this because this is what I felt last night in my prayer time. This morning I went to Brooklyn Tabernacle with Jason Choi (an old friend from college. Some of you Indiana people will remember he visited a few years ago). The message was "Nothing is Impossible." Then on the train ride home, I was reading my magazine and there was an article about Luke 1:37. The following is about what I've learned.
Brooklyn Tabernacle


Some of you know that I've had a very rough week. I've been listening to the devil tell me lies. Telling me to give up hope, stop praying, you messed up, you missed the opportunity....and the biggest....you fool for believing...

Everything in the Bible has a purpose. The Bible reveals God's character to us. When we read something, we need to ask ourselves: What is God reavealing about Himself? Why is this story in the Bible? And what does God want us to know about Him?

Since Jesus is the visible image of God, when we want to know something about God, we look at Jesus. However, in Luke 1, Jesus isn't born yet! Looking at verses 26-37, I've felt that the Lord wants to really hit these two points home with me:

1. Nothing is impossible with God.
Elisabeth was not only barren, she was a senior citizen. She was past her years of childbearing. She could not have children.
God doesn't go by what I think is feasable. When I think it's too late or the door of opportunity has been closed...NOTHING is impossble with God. When our prayers are truly from the heart, I believe that they never evaportate. I think that God keeps them until He says it's done.
Secondly, it's never over until God says it's over. We need to hang onto what God has put into our hearts until He says it's over. Looking at the life of Moses, one would think that it's impossible for Moses to start God's work at 80 years old. Moses felt like he blew his chance 40 years prior. However, God waited and prepared Moses' heart before he was released into his calling...NOTHING is impossible.

2. When it's not even logical, God can do it.
Jesus was born of Mary, who had never known a man (in the Biblical sense). It would be illogical for her to conceive a child. There was nothing to work with...NOTHING is impossible with God. Mary's greatness, which Elisabeth notes, is that she believed the Word of the Lord (Luke 1:45).
Sometimes in life God takes away everything and you have nothing but the Word of God. We have nothing to work with, only the Word. But God can take nothing and turn it into something!! After all, he created this world out of nothing, surely He can create something out of nothing for His children.

So, Lord, let it be unto me according to your Word.

*****************************************************************

After church, my mom invited Jason over for dinner. My mom's boyfriend and my cousin came over. I was super happy my cousin from the Seattle area came over. (He goes to college near my mom's house). I like him. He's a good kid. Last time I saw him was for the SuperBowl. I was so tired, I fell asleep on the couch, which was kind of rude of me. We watched football again...and I wanted to cry when the Jets couldn't hold it (but what else is new). It was nice to talk and laugh with him.
Matt and I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home