Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Return to Singapore

I left Taiwan at 4 am on Friday morning and arrived in Singapore at 11am. After tons of problems trying to get checked into my hotel room, I learned that a bunch of White Horse people were there!! I was soooo surprised, as I thought Pastor Johnnie was the only one that would have been there. Dr. Janet, the Kerkoffs, and Tim were there, as well as Brian Tan (who now lives in Singapore with his family), and Jake (who went to WHCC, but I didn't know). It really was a huge blessing!! I really felt like myself again. I'm so glad I went. I almost didn't because of all that had went on that week. I needed it.

I made lots of new friends from Singapore and the US. I roomed with JB's sister, and we got along great!! I had a really good time with her.

I really like Singapore. This was my second time there. There's such a high level of integrity, pride (by pride I mean people care about things), and stewardship within that country. The people are very intelligent not only in mind, but in heart as well. I'm sure there are racial conflicts, but very different from the tensions found throughout Asia. Again, I've noticed how such diverse groups of people can come together and function together as a society. Realizing that no place is perfect, these are just my observations and I admire these things...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home