Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm not afraid to fall. It means that I have climbed up high.

To paraphrase Dietrich Bonhoeffer...Expect for Jesus, nothing else matters. Well, said, sir! This is something that I need to stamp on my forehead, write down my arms, stencil it onto all my clothes, etc...

Today was a bit better. I have my first Living Waters home group meeting tonight (at 9pm). All foreigners, well, most are from South Africa. I'm also going to an outreach at the bus station on Saturday. The youth are putting on a "rock" concert. They had a little preview during ministry time on Sunday. They did Chris Tomlin's, "How Great is our God," in Chinese. It's pretty easy! Soon I'll be able to sing it in 3 languages! yeehaw. I'm excited for Saturday. Please keep this in prayer.

I heard that one of my pastors is in South Korea. He's so close!!! I miss him. Thanks to my pastors for teaching me about excellence.

While I remember...I want to thank my co-operating teacher, Matt, from student teaching. Thank you for teaching me about organization and the importance of being prepared before students arrive, professionalism, and classroom management. (Oh! And how can I forget the teacher voice)! I feel so well prepared in teaching (when someone actually tells me what I should be doing, rather than the do whatever you want approach) and others have noticed. Although it's not social studies, I think I will make you proud! (I taught some of my students about the structure of American goverment...).
*****************
I've been visiting a lot of temples (I think that's my problem)! Well, anyway...I like to go and watch people there and pray. How deceived people are. It really grieves my spirit and it takes everything within me to hold back tears. I see these "wishes" and prayers to dead people on the walls, and think....If only you knew what Jesus does!

But I will save this for another time. It's really been on my heart heavily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home