Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Prayer request.

I had a miserable day today. I'm not complaining...just frustrated. I woke up today so angry and upset that no one wants to put work into anything. If something requires a person to do extra work, no one wants a part of it...even students! Students want to be in this competition but they don't want to practice and don't want to stay after school...ugh!!! Teachers in the U.S. stay late and take on extra work all the time. I just don't get it.
Then I was almost hit by a car who decided to turn right from the far left lane. I pulled the brake very hard and he just missed the front of my scooter.

Hm..oh yeah. I was playing basketball with the coach and 2 other students today. I took off with the ball and ended up cutting my knee up. It still stings. Our outside courts have a lot of dirt from the wind blowing it. It's very, very slippery! Ouch!

My day was made slightly better after school during badmiton. The guys always order tea. They always ask me what I want and I say the same thing...green tea with half sugar (the drinks here are way too sweet)! Well, no one asked me today and I figured that no one ordered anything...then the tea guy came....one of the teachers came over and he set mine down on the side....how nice!!!! They remembered what I like!!!

In other news, I might go back to St. Petersburg for a visit in July. One of my co-workers really wants to go, however, he's concerned about safety, etc. I said I would love to go back...and then I could show him around. I actually remember some of the language too!

I really love traveling. I think I want to be a nomad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home