Monday, December 04, 2006

Food I actually like...

So, there's this one place near my house that I finally tried. I've been going there about 2 times a week. I'm pretty good at ordering my own food....except I don't know the names of vegatables. So I point. This lady always yells at me. I don't understand her. So, I point harder as if I was going to put my hand through the glass. It's really quite amusing to me. I went in yesterday and there was another, older lady, who spoke English!!! I was shocked!!!! And she was so nice!!! (No yelling)! Anyway, I pay $50 (um, like $1.50 USD) for a fairly large piece of chicken, rice, and 3 veggies plus a drink. Yesterday, the English speaking woman told me I could get a second meat for only $10!!!! (um, 30 cents?). I was so excited!!!

Their food is really good. The only thing is I have to always take my food home and stick it in the microwave. Taiwanese like to eat everything ice cold!!!

I'd go there tonight....but it's night market night!!!! yeehaw.

1 Comments:

At 2:40 AM , Blogger stella said...

Well, when lunch sits out for over an hour before lunch time getting ice cold....and many of these food stalls have food sitting out getting cold and people come and eat it cold...

And then there's the people who keep telling me that it's better to eat food (including meat) at room temp because the body has to work harder to cool or warm up food, etc...

And then there's the time in Taipei....our lunch and dinner would sit on the table for almost an hour before serving time...


hmmmmm.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home