Thursday, January 11, 2007

News. News. News.

So, I'm still trying to move into my new apartment. It's so completely gross! This guy never cleaned (as I though he would since he told me he was almost done in December). I have ended up having to clean everything. I can't being to express how disgusted I am. Originally, I agreed to buy his furniture, kitchenware, bedroom stuff, etc. I looked at the things and they seemed alright...until I started cleaning them. Things started to break, I found bugs in things, mold all over. I've put 24 hours of cleaning time in this week. He should have done all this before my lease began. So, yesterday, I told him that I will not buy his things because they are not suitable for me. He began to tell me that agreeing to take the apartment from him automatically makes me responsible to pay him $13,000 for the contents. I told him absolutely not!! We had agreed that if I found something wrong with things that we would adjust the price. I told him and that's what we are doing. I don't want trash...so I'm adjusting the price....I'm not paying for it. I'm paying $10,000 rent for this month and I can't move in because the place is so filthy. I'm also doing all the work that HE should have done before his lease expired. I'm not going to pay him to clean up his filth. He's out of his mind. In the end, I'm not paying and he is moving the stuff out. For the first time in my life, I really stood up for myself.

In other news....I found out that I have a lump on my throat. It's not a huge big deal, it's just really uncomfortable when I swallow and sometimes it's hard to breathe. If it grows anymore, I'll have to have surgery. Praise Jesus for health insurance!

Let's see...what else...I scared Max pretty bad the other day. We are doing a language exchange (and he's a pretty good friend of mine). We were going to have dinner next Friday. I told him, ok, it's an "English date." I wish you could have seen his face. He was so scared!!! (Probably just because his English is limited). So, we will play basketball instead. He started to talk smack to me! I couldn't believe it. He said he will dunk on me. I found out we will go to one of the schools to play. Even I can dunk on those courts! haha!

So, I'm taking 4 of my students to see "Night at the Museum" tomorrow. I hope it's good...

Two weeks until I'm back in New York....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home