Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Today's lessons.

It really makes me mad that my co-teacher doesn't give students enough credit. I did a review game today and added some words and sentences from future lessons. Every class she reminded me that she has not taught the words yet and therefore, they can't write them. Who cares if she hasn't taught them. They are smart and can figure it out (as they have done). Also, I have some students who go to the resource room. When it was their turn to play the game, I was told she's not allowed to play the game because "she doesn't know anything. She doesn't even know ABCs" What a horrible thing to say to a child. That's saying you can't play because you're not smart. I made her play the game, but of course, I gave her a very easy words (as opposed to sentences). She was able to do it on her own! I was so proud of her. I made her go twice and she wrote the words by herself. I gave her some high fives and just saw her face light up! I've never seen her smile in English class. It was completely amazing! (Her team won and I gave them all candy canes. After class I gave her a second one and told her "good job!" She was so happy).

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM , Blogger jessica said...

Hei~
Nicole~you are really a good teacher~
I like you, Max like you, AJ like you ~ everybody likes you
so I believe that your student will love you so much~
keep doing that~ trust yourself !
you do the very good job~
JESSICA

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home