Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My First Earthquake.

7.0.....7.0....I was in my room and the room started to move. (Actually, there were two tonight. I was driving so I didn't feel the first one). At first I got in my doorway, but then I heard all these Taiwanese girls screaming and running. I thought the building was coming down. I ran outside and then went back to Jessica and Jonathan at the coffee shop. I was a little shaken up because it's been years since I've been in an earthquake. I think I was just caught off guard. My Taiwanese friends thought it was really funny. All I could say was "Wo pa!! Wo pa!!!"

I'm so amazed how it doesn't phase people here. The keep shopping, etc and the earth is shaking!!! Jonathan officially welcomed me to Taiwan today. Ha!

Read about it. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11100901/

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM , Blogger Alex said...

Glad to hear you are okay! I was thinking to give you a call after talking to my sister this morning. Then I saw your post:-) Yeah, some Taiwanese people are really fearless, they can keep doing what they are doing no matter what happens. Anyway, you've experienced typhoons and earthquakes, you can apply for Taiwanese citizenship now:-)

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger kcreemomma said...

I missed the news report and had no idea about the earthquake...I'm so glad I didn't so that as soon as I heard I could check on your blog.

Congrats on the new place, too. Will you have any roommates?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home