Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Hao Luh Ma?

I think Alex secretly wants me to be Taiwanese. But Alex, don't you know that I am? (Hey, I'm using more Chinese in my posts!! I really wish I had the characters on my computer though....so much cooler)!!

AJ gave me a gift for Christmas (since I gave him a large sum of money, which he was very reluctant to take) today. It was really nice of him. He gave me two small dolls. One looks like him (ei. it's hip hop) and second is supposed to be me with blond hair and a tube top! haha!! But the girl doll is hip hop too!

Max trained me today instead of AJ. It was really fun to teach him some new English words and I learned some Chinese...the big word for me today was wangji! "Wo wangji!! Wo wangji!!" Ok, funny story about last night. Max called me to confirm my appt today. This was the conversation:

Max: "Hi, Nicole. It's Max."
Me: "Hi Max!! How are you doing?"
Max: "Good."
Max: "Ummm"
Me: "Max, tomorrow?"
Max: "Yes. Um..."
Me: "Max, 6pm?"
Max: "Yes!"
Me: "Max how is your leg?" (He was in a motorcycle accident on Monday and his leg got burned).
Max: "Ok, bye!"

He hung up on me!!! I called him back and left a message on his phone in Chinese. "Ni hao Max! Wo Ni Ke. Qin Qin Ni. Bao Bao Ni. Yi San Yi Si, Wo Ai Ni. Ok, ma? Ming tien jian!! Ok, bye bye." He thought it was very funny. I'm really looking forward to going to Kaohsiung once a week to meet with him. It will be very good times.

I think going to the gym is the highlight of my days.

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM , Blogger Alex said...

Who is Max and where did you learn the Chinese? Wow, next time we can communicate in Chinese. By the way, have you learned some Taiwanese too? Are you able to call your mom after the earthquake? The undersea fiber-optical cables were damaged so I couldn't reach my mom by phone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home