Sunday, May 06, 2007

Reflection and Revelation.

I'm a week short of being in Taiwan for 9 months. I'm amazed how I havent's starved!! (Physically and Spiritually). I've been asking God, "Why am I staying a second year here?" Actually, since day one, I've been asking...Why Taiwan?!?

Well, it's because of my disobedience. I didn't learn what God wanted me to learn the first time. So, I have to do it again. It's like failing a required class and having to repeat the class so you can take the next level class.

I've been reflecting on how my Taiwan pastor's messages are so similiar to my pastors' in Indiana...well, it's the same things that they were teaching on when I was walking in my disobedience. It's like when the Israelites reached the Promised Land and God told them to go in, and they didn't. What happened? They were stuck in the desert for 40 more years!! (And learning again what God was trying to teach them the first time (to obey and trust Him)!

I'm so grateful that our God is a God of second chances. I have such a high expectation that I will be entering the promised land very soon. Perhaps even within the next year and a half.

I have a few prayer points for the coming week. I have a very busy weekat the hospital. On Wednesday, I will go for some minor surgery. Thursday, I have some exams to complete at the hospital for the medical study. On Saturday, I go back for a Glucose test (for the study) and then the dentist. Perhaps my braces will come off soon!!! :)

Also, my Taiwan church needs some big prayer. We desperately need a new building. We are completely filled to over-flowing (Praise God)! I'm really excited to be a part of this transition. I remember the transition at White Horse. And I expect God to do as much and more for this church! Suitable space in Tainan is extremely difficult to come by. So, if you can remember Dayspring in your prayers...I know it would be appreciated!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home