Sunday, August 26, 2007

Proof That You Can't Just Tell the Judge, "I'm Sorry..." on Judgement Day

I'm not posting this to make fun of the man but I'm trying to be serious and give you something to think about. This guy told the judge he knows what he did was wrong and was sorry. He still was sentenced!

So, if you were to stand before the God (as Judge) would you be convicted of breaking God's Law (the Ten Commandments...if you've ever told a lie, stole, lusted after someone, did something to make your parents made, you've broken the Law). I hear so many people say, "I'm a good person. I'll get into heaven." Or..."Well, when I'm before God, I'll just apologize and He'll have compassion and mercy on me." Sorry folks, it doesn't work that way. God is a just judge and rules according to the Law, just as this judge below did. (Sorry, I didn't post the whole article...the rest of it was irrelvant and unnecessary to my point).

So, would you be found innocent or guilty? Let me know and we'll talk some more...

Armless, one-legged driver sentenced to prison
Florida man to serve 5 years on felony drug, driving charges

Updated: 5:34 p.m. ET Aug 3, 2007
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. - A man with no arms and one leg who wouldn't stop driving despite a long list of traffic violations was sentenced to five years in prison Friday on felony driving and drug charges.

Michael Francis Wiley, 40, also was sentenced to 15 years of drug offender probation. He pleaded no contest in June to the charges.

"I'd just like to say I know what I did was wrong," Wiley said in court Friday. "I am truly sorry, your honor. I am."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home