Friday, November 09, 2007

Ray of Hope

I was introduced to a missionary in Tainan City. Her name is Juanita and she's from Seattle. She is the director for Ray of Hope, Crisis Pregnancy Center (CPC). I was shocked to find out that in a country of 22 million people, Taiwanese abort 500,000 babies annually. Pregnancy outside of marriage in Taiwan is such a shameful thing. Ray of Hope does three things: runs a CPC, they have a youth center called "Lighthouse Cafe," and they go into the public schools and teach about pre-marital sex and promote abstainance through their program called "Worth Waiting For" (WWF).

I will start volunteering here tomorrow afternoon. On Saturdays, they have an English Tea Time, in which college and college age people come to have conversations in English, just to practice. Most of them are not Christians and the director said to feel free to talk as much about the Gospel as I want.

I found out that I actually know a lot of people at Ray of Hope. I actually spent time with the doctor (and his family) who donated the building. I saw another woman from the old church I went to and found out that another girl I knew had volunteered there last year.

I'm really excited to start this.

And Judah is crazier than ever....just so you all know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home