Monday, March 10, 2008

Christian Schools

I applied last night to an organization that oversees Christian international schools throughout the world. Some positions pay a stipend and some require you to raise funds. I applied to teach in Caracas, Buenos Aires...and...Kabul. Yes, Afghanistan. And no, I'm not crazy. I've given this a lot of prayer.

My heart is to be in the missions field outside the United States...I just feel like I can't run from it any longer...And if God opens a door, then praise Him...if He closes it...praise Him...

I do have a meeting with my co-worker, who is a missionary, about starting an independent business thing...It's called Amway in Taiwan...I don't know what it's called in the US. It would give me some extra income.

So, I wait, slightly anxious, for a reply from the organization. I've placed over 40 applications with schools and districts throughout the US, Asia, Europe, etc...And I've only had one reply stating, "Thank you for your application."

Can you imagine the frustration when you are a highly qualified educator (that's a fact, not trying to say I'm so wonderful...)and can't even get a reply from submitting an application?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home