Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Witnessing

I'm constantly amazed how much small children understand. I was the teacher to share the true meaning behind Easter. I told them about Jesus' life (continuing from Christmas), His death and His resurrection. My 5 year olds became very curious about Jesus and God. They started to ask very detailed questions about Jesus being God and how do people know. I taught them about Old Testament prophesy, how God is so holy and righteous that He can NOT lie, and therefore, what He told people hundreds of years before Jesus was born, had to come true.

The students also ask me why I believe in Jesus. I got to tell them a modified version of my testamony (due to their age). I told them how I was a really bad person and that I couldn't stop doing bad things. And in fact, I hated God. But one day, I knew that if I died, I would be in a lot of trouble (worse than getting in trouble at school). I knew that I needed someone to help me to get out of trouble. One day, someone told me about Jesus and how He took the punishment for me so that I didn't have to. And I knew from that day on that Jesus really loved me because He took my punishment and I didn't have to do anything in return. And from then on, I loved Him back.

After class, one of my students, who is not a Christian, began to ask how can someone know that God exists. I took her to the window and showed her the building across the street. I asked her how does she know the building is real. She said because she can see it. Then I asked her, how did it get there? She said someone made it. I asked her if she knew who made it and she said no, just someone to makes buildings. I asked if she believes that a someone made the building, eventhough, she couldn't see the person who did. She replied, "yes." Then I pointed to the tree across the street. I asked her how did it get there. She said someone made it. I told her while I could plant that tree and put it in that spot, someone had to think of what a tree would look like and make the first one. In the same way, someone had to think of flowers would look like as well as people. I continued telling her that we can't see the one that thought of how these things would look, but we know He exists.

She told me she understood this. And the Chinese teacher would also explain it to her in her language to make sure she did. And without mentioning the name of Jesus, the little girl turned to me and said, "I love Jesus!" and gave me a big hug. It touched my heart so much. (I know that another teacher and myself has been her only exposure to Christ).




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home