Monday, March 31, 2008

A Pregnant Man?

I saw this article about some man being pregnant and some aren't sure if it's a hoax or not. I'm going to put my ten cents in...and put my beliefs on the side for a moment (because I know some of y'all will send hate mail. Leave your hate mail at your house).

Turns out that this man is transgender, meaning he(she) was once a woman and had hormone therapy and breast reconstuction to become a man. Well, he never had reproductive organ reconstruction to change gender. So, the fact that this "man" is (or is not) carrying a child is conceivable...and this is why...

He is still a woman! Um, hello! You can change your behavior, and the way you look on the outside, and think however you want, but fact is you are still physically a woman as defined by your reproductive system.

Every single commenter on this article failed to pick up on this fact.

The person having this baby said, "Our situation sparks legal, political, and social unknowns." How so? Women have babies everday and no unknowns are sparked. The fact no matter what your mind tells you, reproductively you are female and therefore, most likely have the ability to conceive. I mean, really, it's not rocket science.

Further, the man states, "But our situation ultimately will ask everyone to embrace the gamut of human possibility and to define for themselves what is normal."
To define what is normal...dude! You still have a female reproductive system!!! Again, it is normal for a female reproductive system to carry and birth a baby. Seriously, do you have any concept of the function of male and female reproduction systems. I mean, I nearly failed biology, but even I know better...Come on!

Now, please, change your reproductive organs to that of a male's, get pregnant, then call me...

Until then, you have only proven the fact that only women are carriers and givers of human life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home