Tuesday, July 01, 2008

When the Saints Go Marching In...

I had the honor and privilage of laboring with my brother and sisters this past weekend in New York City (See www.changeyourcampus.net). Just a few highlights, as it was a very different experience from that in Taiwan. In Taiwan, people will listen to you and if they don't care, then they walk away...But this past Saturday:

1. I handed a tract to a guy on the train and he whacked my hand with his newspaper. I looked at him like "why did you do that?" and told him, "God bless you!!" And so many people saw that!! I praise God for holding my tongue!!

2. Our sister, Alex, was preaching on the train and a man stepped up to her "threatening" her. Another man got up, and stepped up to the man saying that if Alex was a guy, he would never threaten her, so sit down!

3. While witnessing to a young man, I was threatened to be shot with a .45 because I would stop talking about the grace of God, but that 20 year old boy was hanging to every word we were saying!!! This man was actually filled with demons.

4. We were handed an atheist tract which read, "God is Fake."

5. A lady on the train, kept telling us how sorry she feels for us because we "don't know any better" and should be reading Christopher Hitchens. (hmmm...he writes a lot of junk about how God doesn't exists).

6. A Muslim man even walked up to me to ask about the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ after I handed him a tract!!!! He was so receptive to hearing the Word of God! It so blessed my heart to see that and to be a part of it.

7. And finally, we were so encouraged by a number of Christians who stepped off trains after we were done preaching to either pray with us or talk with us!!!

I give all glory and honor to my Lord and Savior for the opportunities we had. Friends, everyday 150,000 people die and many will go to hell if they die in sin. Let's not waste anymore time.






1 Comments:

At 7:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home