Monday, January 15, 2007

God is soooo good!!

So, most of you have read about my troubles with my new apartment. Now that I have decided not to buy any of the man's things...I'm left with a very empty apartment and my microwave. Now, I'm on a quest to aquire furniture, however, it's not that cheap here in Taiwan. And when foreigners sell their things, they tend to over price them and don't want to come down on the price. Well, the other day I inquired about a dining room table and chairs (he also had a hutch and an entertainment center...but he wanted so much for it....$5,000 for the table and chairs, 8,000 for the entertainment center and 6,000 for the hutch...that's $19,000 plus I would have to hire someone to move it....another $6,000...$25,000 for all that)! I went to see the table and chairs and wasn't expecting much. I was completely blown away by the quality and how the condition it was in! I ended up walking away with all the above for $10,000!!!! And the moving only cost me $2,000 because the man made a "stop" along the way on his move! But even bigger news...

I was only expecting to pay for the dining room table (I was going to eventually buy these things later) and I needed to buy a bed. I can do without the couch and other things until March, but I need a bed. I felt it was okay to purchase the other things....and so I was asking God today....how am I going to buy a bed this month?!? After going through my budget for the month...that added expense was not going to be there.

This evening when I came home from more cleaning of the apartment, I received a letter in the mail from a lady I know in Chicago. I was really excited because, first off, I got mail! Secondly, I like her; she's funnier than me! I've spent some time with her because I received a scholarship from Purdue that she and her sister funds two years in a row. I always remember her telling me about teaching in China. Anyway, I opened the letter and there was a check for $200 USD!!!!! So much more than enough to buy a really decent bed and mattress here!!!

Thank you for your gift (I hesitate to name you due to privacy). God and people are so good to me. I am so blessed. Xie xie ni!!!

The more I work in my new apartment cleaning it...the more and more visions I have of using the place for the expansion of the Kingdom...I've been wanting to invited people over for a time of worship or studying the Word, but in my current hole in the wall, not even two people fit. God use me and use my new apartment for your Glory!

1 Comments:

At 4:21 AM , Blogger AnalĂ­a said...

I'm so glad God is helping you so much...and good luck with your new home :) By the way, once you get all you need, can you tell God to head to Uruguay? Take care!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home