Saturday, January 13, 2007

I really love...

the friends that I've made at the gym. They are so unbelievably good to me. I don't know how to even begin to express my gratitude. Thank you, Lord, for them. 我有一一味尋歡作樂與他們。 我看在那麼大多數上的一個變化。 被驚嚇了英語的那些人現在請求我幫助他們! 那使我感受真正地好。

In other news...I bought some stuff for the new apartment today!! I purchased a dining room table and chairs, a hutch and an entertainment center. It's all used and about 3 years old, however, it's in beautiful condition!! And it's such good quality!! (Nice and heavy)!

Now, I need:

a refridgerator
a bed
a matress
dishes
pots and pans
a couch
a tv
some shelves

and a cat.

Today I learned: Mei Si and Wan An

Several funny things happened today. I was supposed to take my students to the movies, but they bailed on me since they couldn't find rides. I ended up going to see Blood Diamond by myself (which by the way was a fabulous movie...the best one yet since Hotel Rwanda). I was sitting at the McDonald's while I was waiting. These two high school boys sat next to me and started to say in English. "Wow! My hamburger is hot." "It's delicious!" And some other things. I wanted to laugh because I think they wanted to talk to me. They were discussing how to ask where someone is from. I got up because it was time for the movie and they followed me all the way to the theatre!!! It was hiliarious. The one boy asked me where am I from and that was it! It was so cute!

The second thing that happened: AJ likes to have his phone on when he is training me (it's not a problem for me and it doesn't bother me at all). Sometimes he'll let me answer the phone so I can scare his friends. Today, his friend Joe called. At first he was taken back because I said, "Why are you interrupting my training session?" and then I gave the phone to AJ. He wanted to know if AJ would have some coffee with him. Well, Joe called back. I answered and told him if he insists meeting with AJ, he should come to the gym and bring me a low-fat mocha frapp without whipped cream. Joe said if I came upstairs to starbucks, he'd buy me a drink. I said, "So you want to have a date with me?" He said "Sure!" with a bit of enthusiasm. Then it turned into a conversation about me and him. I've never met this guy before. I told him next time...He's a soldier in the army. I have such a soft spot for soldiers.....bu hao!

Anyway, Wan An, y'all

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM , Blogger Alex said...

Wow...you began to write some Chinese in your post, that's so amazing! But I am sure the first sentence was not translated correctly...it actually means "I fool around with them." :-p 除此之外,我大概都懂. 繼續努力!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home