Monday, April 02, 2007

Exodus Meetings at Church.

I Timothy 4:12 says, "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

I was so encouraged this weekend. I met our new brother and friend, Yo'el from Israel this weekend. He came to our church to teach about the Book of Exodus. Like everyone else, I was completely blown away by his age. (He's around my age). But his maturity in the Lord is so much greater. After this weekend, I will never, ever, ever entertain the slightest comment from others about how I can't do something because I don't have experience, formal training, or that I'm not old enough. All I have to do is think about what God is doing though this young adult! I know in young adults, we always refer to this verse and it's something we teach our youth, but it's another thing to see it in action. Praise God!!

I had such revelation of who my God is and how He sees me this weekend, more specifically, Genesis 2:8. I will have to find time to type up the notes I took and what the Lord was speaking to me. It's beautiful.

A few more revelation points (and sometime soon, I'll write it all out...)

1. Exodus 20...looking at this chapter not as commandments, but as God's words. God teaches us how He loves us and how to love Him. In addition, studying God's words from the 10th word (v. 17) to the 1st word (v. 2).

2. Seeing Jesus Christ through the Mishkan (Tabernacle).

What an amazing, God filled weekend. I woke up this morning and just still felt the presence of the Holy Spirit. I didn't want to go to work. I wanted to stay home and weep at the beauty of our Lord. I really need a job that allows me to choose to come in or not...I don't know what this could possibly be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home