Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Holocaust Museum

Sunday, 1pm, Bau-An (Tainan County).

Yours truly will be singing (read: solo!!) Kadosh in Hebrew and English.

We will also try it out during the conference on Saturday.

I met with the pastor today and we worked out this beautiful arrangement with the piano and Chinese violin. It was my first time singing solo for anyone in a very, very, very long time...It was very freeing for me. I don't sing the way others always like. But there was so much freedom to sing the song how I want to and like to and just to be myself and worship God. Just the words of "Don't worry, it sounds beautiful." Made such a huge impact on me when I messed up at the beginning. I felt as if those words came right out of the mouth of God to my ears. I know over the past year I've been made fun of and people have talked behind my back about the way I worship because I don't fit the cookie-cutter, man-made mold of a worshipper. I feel so honored, grateful, and blessed that God would choose me to take part in this. I can't even begin to describe what my heart is feeling...And I know some of you may say, "Oh it's just a song...whatever..." But I say to you, it's not about that...it's about what God is doing in and with me...


In my rehearsal today, I asked the pastor a whole lot of questions about him and the church. I also got to share the testamony of my church's new building in Indiana since Dayspring (Tainan church) really, really needs a new building like yesterday! I asked about the pastor's background in music and about the worship. He told me that there are quite some talented people at the church, but pride can quickly set in and perhaps many of them are not mature in the Lord. Worship was changed and those with maybe not as great of skill, are the worship leaders because of their hearts and maturity in Christ. In that way, the focus is not on the talent, but remains on God. He was telling me about how even the congregation changed after the worship team was changed. There is more freedom to worship and more focus on God rather than the talent on the platform. I've been to so many places (Taiwan included) where the focus is on talent. I've watched people, who may not be quite so talented but who are really after God, passed over because a church wants its worship team to sound like the BTC or CeCe. Instead of sowing time into training or teaching those people, we kick them to the curb and disqualified because they aren't up to our standards. It really is time for the Church to get back to God's standards.

So, in the end, I was allowed to see the heart of the church. This church is very different from all those that I've been to in Tainan...it's a good place. I thank God for it and the people there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home