Saturday, March 17, 2007

Obedience Pays.

I've been praying about a church meeting on 3/30 and 3/31. A 21- year old Jewish man, Yo'el Berkowitz, is coming to teach about Exodus and about Jewish culture. I feel so blessed to be able to be taught by this man of God. So, I've been telling God (as if He didn't already know) how much we will be blessed by this. And I've asked, how can we be a blessing to Yo'el. I have some of my Messianic worship music with me and there's two songs that I love (and know well). (Hine Ma Tov and Kadosh....I learned these both at Eagles' Wings Conferences when my friend Stephen lead worship). I put the songs on a CD. I'm not serving at the church yet and I'm not a part of the worship team, so I felt very strange telling anyone about what I was feeling. So, I approached the pastor after church and told him that I've been praying and I think that perhaps the worship team could learn a song or two in Hebrew and that would bless our speaker.

(I cannot express how hard that was to do...I kept feeling, who am I to suggest this? I'm new here. No one really knows me. And why should the pastor listen to my ideas?)

I expected the pastor to perhaps say no, or brush the issue off. But no, he said, he was feeling the same thing!!! I was really blown away by that!! I told him I could teach his worship team the songs (and he asked if I knew Hebrew or been to Israel....both are a no...I just know the songs and I know about the love of God for Israel).

He asked if I was a musician and I said that I can do a few things on several instruments, but nothing great. He asked if I could sing and I said yes, that I was apart of the worship team back home. He quickly introduced me to the keyboardist. And he asked if I would be willing to do some songs (it's pretty open to anything) in English during service whether it be during worship or a special song before the sermon.

So Josephine (the keyboardist) and I will be getting together to practice some songs. I feel so blessed to be a part of this. None of it would have been discussed if I didn't step out of my comfort zone. And if nothing comes out of it...at least I know I was obedient.

So, I encourage you, if you feel an urging from the Lord, go for it. You never know what the Lord might have instore for you behind what you think is insignificant.

I'm off to help clean someone's house...and this time it's not mine!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home