Thursday, March 15, 2007

Corporate Prayer Meeting

I was so blessed tonight. I was one of two English speakers that were their (the other guy really shouldn't count because he speaks a little Chinese and his wife is Taiwanese). So, technically, I was the only non-Chinese speaking person. I felt right at home praying along side people I don't understand! (Reminds me of the days at White Horse when my Latino friends start praying in Spanish, and they go so fast, I get lost)!

God gave me a word and a promise that I'm holding on to and believe that it's beginning to come to past even now! Over past 3 or 4 weeks, I feel like I've just grown spiritually in leaps and bounds! (I guess I need to make up for the 5 months of not attending church). God never ceases to amaze me. Just went I was wondering what am I doing? God comes along with a blast of encouragement and love. I've never really felt like I belong anywhere, but for the first time I do. At times, I think that God removed me from everything I know just to let me know that I belong...to Him)!

So, one of the immediate needs of our church is a new building. The Taiwan government has threatened to turn off the power and water if we don't move. The church is on the 2nd and 3rd floors of this building and is only accessable by a staircase. The government says that since the church is for all, it needs to be accessable to the disabled (which I think everyone agrees). However, architectually, a ramp or elevator is impossible. I was praying for this and I just felt the Lord say, "Doesn't the government know who I am? Doesn't the government know the heart of my people. Cutting the power and water won't stop my people from praising me!" So, Taiwan government: Electricity and water are not requirements for a church!

I had this vision about the government cutting all the power. And people showed up for church, and as they started worshiping, the power went back on! And there was some weird thing set up so the government could monitor what we were doing. The officials were amazed that we had power. At first they thought we hid some generators, but they realized that we didn't. When the officials stepped in, they stepped into the glory and instantly knew the power of the living God!! I've been hearing this a lot lately: "And they shall know that I am God!" I don't know if it's arrogant or not, but at times I feel like saying, "Come on Taiwan government!!!! Let the one true God show you what He can do!!!" It's like a kid saying, "Oh yeah, my dad's stronger than your dad!!" Which, by the way, is completely true!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home