Saturday, March 10, 2007

I love God!

He is so good. Wow.

I've been praying for more ministry opportunities. I've been asking God that my home be a sanctuary for those who need the Lord.

I decided to lower the asking price for the rent for my apartment. I got a call from a lady who sounded quite desperate for a new home. Turns out that the place she is living is quite bad. She recently became divorced and moved back to Taiwan with her 10 year old son. I was really hesitant, but felt as if I was to say it was okay. (Which is a really big thing for me because I will make it clear that I'm not a free babysitter...this is always my concern). But, I told her to come and see the apartment and I want to meet her son. I told her that I could meet with her after church and she asked if I am Catholic. I told her no, I'm a Christian and she told me she is a born again Christian. So, if she has time tomorrow, we will meet and talk.

In other news, Aaron is going to help me learn BoPoMoFo (I love the way that sounds....BoPoMoFo...it's so...um, hip hop)! He's working on his graduate degree and I know that his time is really valuable, so I offered to help him with English. Although, I think his English is quite good....we'll work on building vocabulary and English grammar....

After my training session, I went to play basketball with Co Fon and the other people from last time. When I wasn't playing, I was bugging some little Taiwanese kids by speaking English to them. Then this 10 year old comes over and says, "Hi! My name's Frank!" I asked him where he went to school and he said Shengli Elementary. I asked if he knew the foreign English teacher and he was like "Yeah!!! Do you know this teacher and that teacher too?!?" I said no, I only know the foreign teacher because we came to Taiwan together. He ran to tell his mom that I knew the teacher. It was really cute!

I'm off to bed...yippee!!! Finally going to bed early one day this week. If you can count 11pm early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home