Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My last night of food freedom!!

So many of you know of my struggle to lose 40lbs that I gained almost 2 years ago. I've tried everything. I eat fairly healthy...I go to the gym about 10 hours a week...and NOTHING!!! I've been going to the doctor since November and recently my knees have been hurting from the weight. All the doctor tells me is not to eat the skin off the chicken (which I NEVER do...GROSS!!!!) and work out more....(when am I supposed to find time?!?)

So, I had a follow up appt and saw another doctor because mine was not available...and guess what he suggested...the obesity clinic!!! Now, so many people tell me, oh you're beautiful...but let's face it...I'm overweight...and this has been the smartest suggestion a Taiwanese person has given me ever! (In terms of my medical issue)...

So, I saw the obesity doctor today and I'm actually going to be a patient subject in his research. Don't worry...it's not drug research....it's a clinical study and his is in the process of collecting data and will research the effect of a certain type of diet, etc...

So, I will be eating meal replacement stuff (which I have to pay for), getting a lot of blood work (which is partially covered by insurance and some by his funds) and seeing a nutritionist (covered by his funds) who doesn't speak English. The nutritionist and I had a great time today trying to communicate!!!

I must keep a food diary again (no big deal)....but now I have to weigh myself 4 times a day!! So, I do that for a week or two....and then they run all these tests on me (all paid by the doctor) to make sure my body can handle the study. I'm really excited. I don't want to be on drugs to lose weight and I don't want surgery. I believe in losing the weight naturally. The only thing is now I have to give up my training sessions because I can't afford both. It's either the meals or it's training sessions. I'm sad by this...but I can still go to the gym since I paid for my 2 year membership! yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home