Monday, April 02, 2007

Passover Sedar in Taiwan!!!

"How good and pleasant it is for brothers to dwell in unity..." (Psalm 133)

Last week, someone posted on the Tainan bulletin about a Passover Sedar. I instantly clicked reply and said I wanted to go. It seems like only in Taiwan that I would do such a thing! (I don't know this person at all).

So, today I made a call to the guy who was holding the sedar to ask what I could bring. He said wine. I'm down with that. I know what it'll be used for. But I confessed I didn't know anything about buying wine. He gave me some advice. Then he asked if I was Jewish and I said, no, I'm Christian. And then the phone went silent...

It was almost as if he was freaking out on the other end of the phone. He said that I (and my friend were) still welcomed to join them. But then he didn't talk as much as before. Perhaps, he was afraid that we would preach to him and the group. But that wasn't the motive. I love Passover. It's such a great way to remember what my spiritual ancestors have gone through and I'm grateful for them. It's a time to celebrate and remember what the Lord God has done! And a time to celebrate my brothers and sisters.

Su Fon and I were the first to arrive. Our group consisted of 2 Jewish brothers, 2 Christian girls, another Taiwanese girl (I don't know if she has any faith...) and the host's fiancee (who will convert to Judaism when they get married). I was met with many questions on why I was there if I'm not Jewish. And I was at liberty to share with them my love of Israel and God's people. One man, who seemed quite offended that we were there, changed after I shared my heart with him. We went through the Haggadah and sang in Hebrew. (Oh, and they asked me if I'd like to read the History of Moses...and I got to be the wise child!!) It blessed my heart so much to share Passover with them. I had such a wonderful time celebrating! (And I tried my first mouthful of Jewish wine!!! I don't drink and I've never liked wine before, but it was good...strong, but good...needless to say, I didn't have much. Just a few sips for the Kiddush.

So, now I have some new friends...oh yeah...and another great thing about them...not only are they 25 years old...they're AMERICAN!!!! So, I'll have Daniel and Megan (the hosts) over next time I have others over for dinner. It's so wonderful how God brings people together...

And with that I'm brought to Matthew 19:6, "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."
In other words, what God has joined together, let no man separate. Amen and Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home