Saturday, June 30, 2007

Thank you all.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It's been a weird day. It doesn't feel like my birthday. I didn't do anything. My family didn't even call me. I think they forgot. I went to a "concert" tonight. I saw my pastor and he told me a group from our church was in the front. I went up to the front, but couldn't find them. This overwhelming feeling of loneliness overtook me (which I've never felt in my Christian life). The Lord took me back to a skit that I performed in at White Horse. It talked about how even when we feel lonely and that no one cares or notices, we're NEVER alone. God is always there. He knows us. He notices us. He cares. He wants to draw us close to him. He wants to hold us in his embrace and hide us in the shadow of His wings. Who's arms will we run to? That of a mighty God? Or perhaps into our own arms of self-pity?

I feel so privilaged to serve a great, big God. A daddy who I can run to without embarrassment for how I feel. A God and a Father who accepts me as I am without question. A God who calls me friend as opposed to servant. A God who does not require anything, except for that I believe...

Thank you, Lord, for another year of knowing you and revealing more of yourself to me. I'm grateful for all you've done and all you will do. Father, that this may be the best year yet!! I give it all to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home