Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My Entire Year in Taiwan was Worth It!!!!

Today was my last day of teaching. Summer English Camp is now over, which, by the way, was awesome!! If half of my classes were like this camp, things would be much different.

I know I've complained, whined, moaned, and complained some more. I received a bundle of cards today from students and one just brought me to tears. Truly, my time at my school has been worth it for me. This is the card from one of my 5th graders:

Cover: I love you!! (She even drew the ASL sign for I love you, which I taught them for Mother's Day).

Inside: "Dear Nicole, I'm sorry you are going to leave Taiwan. I have a lot to talk with you, and I want to thank you for your teaching me English and making me different. I'm a big girl now because of you. I love you, forever. Student Lily."

My words can't begin to describe how I feel when I read that card. Thank you, Lily. I needed to hear that.

I had a number of cards that were more of apologies. Several students believe that I am leaving solely because of them. This is not true. One broke my heart: "Dear Nicole teacher, Thank you for your teaching over the year. You will leave our school, but we are very unwilling. If time flow you are even willing that will teach English. If you can, we will be good students. If you can't, where do you want to go? I bless you...Your student, Angel."

You know, it's always the "good" students who take the blame for the rest. I really hope I'll have a chance to go back and visit. I truly will miss most of these students.

Ok, one last card. This kid cracks me up! His English is actually pretty good compared to others. But this is what he wrote: "Thank you Nicole says about America's information. I think America is a good city. Do you have any about America's picture? Do you have one for me? Ha...It's a joke! You is my special America's teacher. You teach me a new course. Can you go back to here? I'm Jackson. It's a love joke's student."

Nevermind the grammar...if you knew this kid, you'd picture him saying things like this; totally from the heart, but yet, so amusing!

********

In other news, I met with my doctor today and found out that he will be sending his child to the cram school I will be working at. He had nothing but praise for the school and said parents rate it the #1 cram school in all of Tainan. He kept saying how the quality is top notch and if I'm teaching there, then I HAVE to be an amazing teacher. WOW!! I am so blessed and now, I understand where my new boss is coming from. That helps so much! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home