Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What You Can Be Praying For...

I met my final classes yesterday. 5th Graders. I asked the students to introduce themselves to me. My first student said, "My name's Crystal. I'm a Christian!" I was like awesome! Me too! Another girl felt free to tell me the same thing!! And then it was David's turn.

David said, "I want to be a Christian but my dad won't let me!" I asked David, "Why do you want to be a Christian?" He replied, "Because I know there's something more..."

If that just didn't knock me out of my chair...another girl was free to tell me she is a Christian as well.

I told my students that I want to be a missionary (well, we all know that I'm already one, but...). I got to explain what a missionary does because they didn't know this word. I got to tell them that's what I'm going to school for: evangelism.

I had another boy tell me his idol is Chien-Ming Wang...I asked if he was sure that Mr. Wang is his idol and he said, "Oh yes!! I love him!!! He's the best!!" I asked, "So you worship and pray to him?" He said, "No! I just love him and admire him." My simple explaination was that an idol is something you worship and pray to that isn't God. (He said that he doesn't pray to Mr. Wang). I declared that we will have no idols in this classroom, and Mr. Wang can be your hero!

I'm really grateful that I work with 2 other Christians...one who happens to be a pastor. I ran to him to tell him what happened in class!! That's something I couldn't do last year!!

I love the Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home