Friday, September 28, 2007

Moon Festival Vacation: Puli and Sun Moon Lake, Taiwan

I went with Irene and Tina to Puli (the geographical center of Taiwan). We were supposed to go paragliding, but the weather was horrible. We went for a hike in a river and kayaking instead. I had a great time with the girls. The trip was interesting. I've stayed in hostels before and knew that we would have to share our room with other people. Now, normally, rooms are gender specific and I was floored when 3 men walked in and dropped their bags off!!! I walked out of the room to find the owner, but couldn't. I told the girls that this isn't cet cool and it's unacceptable. We thought about going somewhere else, but couldn't find a place.
The guys said they would just get drunk and pass out. (Even more...not cool)!!! So they kept us up all night because they were partying right outside our window. When they came in, I heard 3 guys instead of the 2 that were supposed to be there! Then I heard it...someone's pants came off!!! I thought the guy was going to get into my bed!!! (But he didn't)!! I was in Jackie Chan position...just waiting to take the guy down...but he ended up on the floor. And when I woke up in the morning...naked man!!!! AAAHHH!! Not something I wanted to see!!! I freaked out and let the owner know and spoke my mind about co-habitation. Other than that, we had a good time. We have a paraglide session still and will go back in a few weeks. (We WILL buy out the room next time...)


This was the waterfall (picture above) that I almost DIED on!!! I tried climbing it (STUPID IDEA)!!! The water was too powerful for me and I couldn't find my footing. I had to slide down the waterfall and hit my foot against a huge rock when I was swept away. I'm fine. I'm durable and less stupid now. Praise God!


I hope these aren't cult people who just took a trip to be with aliens on the UFO to live forever...I hope they get saved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home