Sunday, October 07, 2007

Devotion and the Cross

I absolutely love these two songs: Devotion and Lead Me to the Cross by Hillsong (See lyrics below). Just wanted to share them with you.

Everyday, I find it harder and harder to pass people by...I feel such an urgency to tell them the Gospel. My heart breaks knowing that people will be going to hell for an unrepentant heart. Repentance is a decision of will and so many people are not willing to give up their lifestyles. I was talking with a co-worker yesterday about this. He told me of several situations where people said, "I have a lot of questions." My co-worker would say, "if I answer your questions, will you become a Christian?" Often the response is, "No, I don't want to."

I think at the very least, we should leave them thinking about their eternal life...
Plant the seed and let the Holy Spirit convict and bring them to the Cross.

Two things that frustrate me in Taiwan in regards to the above:

1. I can't speak Chinese!! And I don't want to memorize what I would say in Chinese because I don't think it would sound sincere. Not to mention my English communication skills are shot...I find it hard to hold a decent conversation and have become so self-conscience of speaking in English!!

2. The lack of people who actually think it's important (or want) to share the Gospel.

I've been praying for people to go evangelizing with me (especially those who speak Chinese)! Well...I think God is begining to form a evangelism "team," if you will, for me!!!

My friend, Howard, from Malaysia, wants to share the Gospel, but is not sure how to go about it. I told him, I'll do and he can translate (in essence, he is really the one sharing the Gospel, because most likely, they won't understand me)!

And today, I met a new guy at church, Michael from New Jersey! I asked him if he wanted to go with Howard and I. He told me that just last week, he and a friend went to a cafe and started sharing the Gospel with others. I told him about sharing the message of salvation the way Jesus did in the Bible. He was really interested in what I had to say about it...

Man, oh, man, has 2007 been an amazing year so far...and guess what...it's NOT over yet!! My heart is for God's kingdom to come and that His will be done.

To me, to see that, is worth more than all the riches and comforts of life...
and the worst thing would be for God not to use me...I don't want to be sitting on the sidelines, but rather be in the game for His glory!

Devotion
Hillsong United

Verse 1
I've been running, trying to be one who sees
I've been working, salvation out on my knees
There is nothing better than knowing
That we are redeemed
Unbelieving trusting in creative hands,
I am praying for our world to bow to your plan
And this one thought is unmistakable
I take up my cross and follow you Lord

Chorus
When you stand the tall trees and mountains bow
When you speak the fiercest of oceans is still
And I see the sinner seek devotion
The lost become chosen, and I fall to my knees

Verse 2
Unforgiven, my savior who did not deserve death
He was blameless and I was lost in shamefulness
Undelivered, but it doesn't seem right
Unless I keep my eyes focused on the savior who gave his live
In the middle of a world that denies it believes
It is breaking apart at the very seams
There is one thing to be alive for
And it's to take up my cross and follow you Lord

Bridge
I will take up my cross and follow Lord where you lead me
And I will take up my cross and follow wherever you go


Lead Me to the Cross
Hillsong

Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You are
Te word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen

To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home