Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Go Fish...Snazzy...Kid's Music

I listen to Way of the Master Radio a whole lot while in Taiwan (www.wayofthemasterradio.com). The radio host, Todd, has been going on and on about this new kid's cd that recently came out called Snazzy by a group named Go Fish. I listened to some clips and downloaded it on iTunes, brought it to school and would you know it, my students loved it!! I found the blog for one of the guys from the group, wrote a note and the band member wrote a blog about my note. So here it is...

October 16, 2007
This Is What It's All About!
Below is a comment that was posted on this blog last night. I thought you'd all enjoy it!

Hey guys! I've been listening to Todd from Way of the Master rave on and on about this cd on his show. I downloaded from iTunes and brought it into my Pre-K and Kindergarten classes today. I teach English in Taiwan and the only kids music I have is really cheesy (which drives me insane)! Not only did my students love the cd and understand a good number of the lyrics, but my supervisor loves it, too! It was so amazing to play Christian songs (and watch my students groove to "Saved") in my very secular/Buddhist school! I can hardly wait for Christmas... God Bless! nicole

I've often heard it said by Christians that they wonder how non-believers deal with tragedies and tough situations without God. I would take that one step further and say that I don't know how artists can find much gratification in making music just for the sake of making music. Surely when all you live for is money and success there must come a time when it all seems worthless. (because quite honestly, it is!) I don't know how many copies of Snazzy we'll sell and other then providing for our families (which God will do regardless) I don't care all that much. However I can't wait for eternity when maybe, just maybe, I'll get to meet some people from Taiwan who heard the gospel for the first time because they had a teacher from America who taught them Biblical principles by using Snazzy! That's what it's all about my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home