Friday, October 19, 2007

This is so sad!!!

This is a conversation that I had with a girl tonight that Amy and I ministered to about 2 years ago. She wasn't a Christian and was plagued by demons when we talked to her. Apparently, she's a missionary now with IHOP...this is really sad. SHE IS A MISSIONARY!!! AND WITHOLDING THE GOSPEL FROM ME!!!!!!

So sad. (FYI: This is in a loving tone because I do care about this girl. It's always difficult to fish that out from email and im. I asked her these questions, not only because I care, but because I wasn't going to entertain her if she was going to talk how she did 2 years ago. I'm just not going to waste my time).

U: hello I just want to apologize for the way I acted a while ago please forgive me.
S: i do but i must ask you an important question: if you died tonight where would you go? heaven or hell?

U: heaven
S: why?

U: I sit before the Lord everyday and take my heart to him and pray for restoration and bless him for the restoration he has done on the cross
U: That he makes all things new
U: I am a christian
U: I actually am a missionary at something called International House of Prayer in kansas City
U: are you there
S: so you are going to heaven because of something you do?


U: no
U: because of the Cross
U: and what he has done for me
U: and asking him into my life and living a life holy before him
S: so, by being a good person will get me to heaven?


U: and walking daily in the fear of the Lord
U: no I did not say that
S: why do you fear the Lord?

U: because the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom
S: so, someone just stabbed me, im dying, i have 3 minutes to live, im scared of dying, how can i get into heaven?


S: so i get to heaven by fearing the Lord and having wisdom?

U: why are you doing this
U: to me
S: i want to know how to get to heaven
S: dont you want to tell me?
U: whatever
U: I am not going to go through this I just wanted to ask you for forgiveness
U: and see if we could talk again
S: why not? what if im not a christian and i want to know how i cant get to heaven?
U signed off at 9:29 AM


Without judging, I'm wondering why she ran away? Why doesn't she lay it all out for me? Is there no concern for my soul? Does she feel like she will be persecuted? Maybe she doesn't know how to share her faith? Maybe it's scary for her to share her faith? I don't know. I wish I did.

So many of us "Christians" lack concern. People are going to hell. It doesn't concern them. As long as they're not going. Why doesn't it concern them? It concerned Jesus. Are we just happy to live in our own little "Christian bubble." Are we afraid to do work? Are we afraid to be rejected? Do we have a solid foundation? ARE WE EVEN SAVED?!? Do we not have enough time to be concerned about others? Why are we so timid? Why are we so concerned with what man thinks? Why, as Christians, do we still esteem man higher than God?!? Ugh!!! Church, wake up...
Man, 1/4 pound of salt WILL change the taste of 1 pound of beef...where, oh, where has the salt gone?!?

I know, I know, I'm a troublemaker...oh, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home