Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Importance of the Law AND Grace

Tonight I'm evermore convinced that it is sooo important to use God's Law when sharing the Gospel with someone. Tonight I had the privilage of sharing the Gospel with a group of 12 South Americans and 1 person from the Chezch Republic. (This girl has grown up a communist).

I sat through a message this evening in which God's grace was not even presented. (Only Jesus wants to change your life because you are missing the "piece"...which is Him). The people behind me were laughing thoughout it. And, in a way, rightfully so. Why? Because it didn't make sense to them. Why do they need Jesus? What do they care if they ever find "the missing piece." There's truly no reason for them to. There's nothing about what's to come.

After the service, I asked my friends from Chile and Paraguay to bring all their friends into a small room. I laided out the Law, the reality of hell, and grace for them. I asked them to think about these things because it's a serious matter, for we are not promised tomorrow.

There was no laughter, no joking, not one word from the same people, who minutes before were making fun of my Lord and Savior. It's amazing how the Law shuts the mouth so that grace can be presented. My heart really goes out to these people.

Afterwards, my friends from Chile and Paraguay thanked me for sharing the Gospel with their unrepented friends. They said that it's something they both have wanted to do, but because they are friends, it's so difficult. Yet, another reason not to wait until we become someone's friend to share the Gospel. Once we are friends, it becomes harder...now there is a relationship on the line.

Fortunately, it has been set up so that my friends can follow up. I told them in about a week, ask them if they thought about what was said to them. I also pray for my friends to overcome the fear of sharing the Gospel with friends.

Please, don't let another minute pass by without telling someone...

Here are some pictures of us singing in Spanish. It was pretty fun considering we really never rehearsed. I'll try to put up the video later.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home