Wednesday, April 09, 2008

HPV Vaccination

If you're a girl/woman between 11-26, please consider getting this vaccination. For more info, Center for Disease Control HPV Vaccine Questions and Answers

I got my first shot today. I like shots. I never had a problem before...but this one! My arm is soooooorrrreeee!!

But then again, the retail value in the States for all three shots is $360 USD. I only paid $147 for all three.

I love National Health Insurance, even though I had to wait almost 3 hours (my doctor got called to deliver a baby a few numbers before I was to see him).

Taiwan is good for health insurance...come to Taiwan. :) I will give you my apartment! te he he

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM , Blogger 00 said...

I've thought about it, but since it only prevents the kind of cervical cancer that is believed to be caused by an STD, and I'm not sexually active....doesn't seem to be a point to it, you know?

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger stella said...

But just with any vaccine, you get it before you're exposed to the disease. When you were born you got Hepititis, Smallpox and other vaccines even though you weren't exposed to them.

So, you get it now, before you're exposed, so that if you're exposed to it, your body knows how to fight it off.

And I know it's only certain types, but you just never know. And my mom, who is a nurse, told me that if you do contract a disease, you can end up harming your baby, as he or she can end up with birth defects or worse.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home