Friday, April 04, 2008

Movies Today

Today is Tomb Sweeping Day in Taiwan. It's the day where all the families go to the gravesites of their ancestors, clean them up and then send off food, ghost money...and sometimes strippers to appease their ancestors.

Anyway, that just meant that I had the day off from school.

I ended up taking an afternoon nap and slept until 7pm. (Nice...not). I decided to go to see a movie. I'm so amazed how much God has changed me over the past two years. There were 10 movies to choose from and I could only see 2 at most. I mean, what I used to love to watch (violence, horror, etc), I can't do it any longer. Well, I can if I wanted to, but I have no desire to watch those movies. And infact, often, I can't stomach them anymore.

Anyway, what is it with Asians and their obsession with violence, death, gory, witchcraft filled movies? Every single Asian produced film that has come out in my city revolves around this stuff...ugh!

I really wanted to see Horton Hears a Who (in English and then Chinese), but it started at like 10:20 pm (and I got there at 8:15). I settled for The Spiderwick Chronicles. I wasn't sure what to expect, I thought it would be like a Harry Potter deal. It wasn't. However, I think there was blasphemy in it. I wasn't listening to the English because I decided to read the subtitles instead.

Anyway, I'm going to see Horton Hears a Who with Irene and Tina tomorrow. I'll enjoy it since I'm currently reading the same story to my 2nd graders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home