Sunday, April 06, 2008

Open Air Preaching

I was talking with my friend Howard about going out to share the Gospel again. He said the youth were doing it today, so I went along. So, these are pictures from our "mini-open air." Because of the time schedule, we sought out small groups and presented the law (and sometimes grace depending if they were receptive or not). But they all got Gospel tracts and invites to youth services.

Angela, Wei Ming, and I went to a junior high school and found some people. On our way to the school we found these older women. One woman said, "well, I'm a Christian and I already shared the Gospel with my friends."
Woman, if I were you and my friends still weren't saved, I'd be rejoicing that someone else would give them the Gospel again. We gave her the Gospel, and I pray that she was changed by it in some way.


The second group was 3 17 year olds who were breakdancing. One turned out to be a Christian, but never shared the Gospel with his friends. In fact, he didn't even know what Jesus said about sharing the Good News. It makes me wonder...

This group turned into 6 when another man walked over to listen with his children. But eventually, they left.



The final group we preached to was some basketball players. We gave the full Gospel, but it was sooo noisy. I felt myself using my teacher voice. I really wish we had more time, but we had to get back to the church...


I've been really encouraged today in sharing my faith. And I had some very great translators which made it so easy! I thank God for Angela and Wei Ming.

2 Comments:

At 5:56 AM , Blogger Roland said...

Sharing with words is wonderful.

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger 00 said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun too :-)

I've come to a point in my life where I really like sharing the Gospel...it's a real adrenaline (sp?) rush for me. Earlier this month I was in Nassau, Bahamas for a week on a mission trip and while there I got to street preach four times. I think that it's the spiritual equivalent to sky diving :-)

I see that you used the pink and blue tracts a lot...they're one of my favorites. Everybody loves them, from little kids to little old ladies :-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home