Sunday, October 01, 2006

Teacher's Day and BBQ!!!


Thursday was Teacher's Day. Here is a picture all my cards and gifts! One of my students wrote: "I like you very much because you are pretty and young. You draw pictures ver beautiful. Your Chinese is real good! So you are very, very good! Many people want you to stay two years in the school. The card is for you. Thank you...When I grow up, I want to go to U.S.A!"

Last night, one of my co-teachers invited me to her parents' home in Kaohsiung County. The community put on this BBQ. The local goverment paid for everything. I even went up to sing KTV in English!!!! Everyone really stared at me then! Afterwards, her parents took me to Anping Fort, Anping Castle, and Anping Harbor. We took at stroll down the first street in Taiwan (um, I forget the name) at midnight. It was kinda creepy, but fun.

Prior to going to the BBQ, Lori and I went to a night market at a harbor in Kaohsiung County. Several times I gave out loud screams and jumped behind Lori. The shrimp, lobsters and fish were all alive!!! The Taiwanese people thought it would be fun to hit the lobsters and have them jump out of the dish they were held in. Of course, I freaked out!!! I took some pictures of these huge squid and a really pretty lobster from Australia. In the U.S., our lobsters are grey or red...This one had stripes and all different colors. Very beautiful!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home