Saturday, December 09, 2006

I finally left Tainan!!!

My school invited me to spend the day with them in the mountains. Every thing was FREE!!!! (Bus, admission fees, food, etc) We spent 3 hours on the bus to get to Alishan National Park in Chiayi County. Our first stop was at an elementary school in Chiayi County. We were warmly received by the students and teachers. We spent about 45 minutes and then continued our journey. We arrived at the park and had a typical aboriginal lunch. Then we walked down the mountain to the entrance to the nature park. We hiked up the mountain to the main entrance, up some more, and down to feed the fish. We walked back and got to see the Saviki people perform native dances. Then we were invited to do a dance. The student teacher and I went...

On the way back, we stopped at some town that's famous for these two long suspension bridges. I don't know the name of the town...but I ran up all these stairs that had a temple on top of the mountain. I saw some chickens and a really large snake. I tried to catch the chickens, but they ran from me. I yelled at the snake and said, "If you come out, I will kill you." I don't like snakes. He didn't come out. What authority!

It was a beautiful day for a mountain trip. It was pretty warm. I had my "winter coat" with me. I never needed it, except on the bus. I had such an amazing day with some really great people whom I love (all my co-workers). Enjoy the slide show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home