Saturday, April 14, 2007

An ever-present God.

Recently, I was told and read about a local god's birthday celebration. During the celebration they take the god -- in the form of a statue (Correct me if I'm wrong, but people believe that these gods inhabit the statues) -- from temple to temple. One person explained it like this: they take matsu (the name of the god) and carry her from town to town...(the god is coming to the town) and then "matsu leaves."

Wow!! My God says He will never leave me nor forsake me! In my studies of religions, my God is the only one to ever speak these words! My God doesn't inhabit a statue...but He Lives in ME!!! I don't have to strive to be worthy in my God's eyes because through his grace and the blood of Jesus Christ I'm made worthy. When I pray, I don't worry or dwell on the question of "does God hear me?" His Word says He does! My God doesn't want me to be poor and stuggling to get by, but because He is a Father who loves his children, wants me to be blessed and prosperous! And finally, I don't have to give my physical life to have fellowship with the Father...Jesus Christ already paid that price for me and you!

You know, the more I learned about other religions, the more I used to question my faith...But within the past few years, the more I learn about other religions the stronger my faith becomes in the One True God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home