Sunday, April 15, 2007

I know...

I write a lot about the new church I've been attending...but I just feel so blessed and so grateful for what God is doing in me and for me while there. I've been finding God's love the most in the very simple things. Today, I arrived late for church prayer (we pray together before service), I noticed the pastor talking to a group of white people (woah!!! white people in Tainan!!!) I went to join the prayer group right away. After prayer, the pastor came over to me and said he wanted to introduce some people to me. He wanted to introduce me to the white people (WHO WERE FROM NEW YORK!!!!!) because he wants me to feel like I belong.

It has nothing to do with attention (believe me, I get enough of that...see the newspaper below). Whenever the pastor or one of the leaders go out of their way to make sure that I feel like I fit in, it really ministers to me. How much more does God "go out of the way" to show us that He loves us!

And don't get me wrong, there have been so many people in my life who have done the above, however, Taiwan is different...culturally and spiritually. All the churches and businesses I've dealt meet me with the same attitudes..."here's the information...it's in Chinese...have someone translate it for you." There's no sense of being a part of something...Very few people in Taiwan have gone out of their way to make sure I understand things...

I'm glad that God is greater than this. I'm glad that God cares. I'm glad that God loves me. I'm grateful for the people he has placed in my life in Taiwan. I'm grateful for the little ways God shows me He loves me...

(Oh, and now I have my first Christian friends in NYC!!! The white people are from Parsons School of Design!!! How Cool!!! I was just reading or talking to someone about Parsons the other day...

Anyway, this couple who works with Campus Crusade in S.C. has a ministry for college professors...they came to the church today with a Prof from Parsons and two of her students...they are going to be ministering the Gospel through art lessons this week...please pray for them...they're awesome people of God)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home