Monday, April 16, 2007

Prayer Requests.

Please pray for all those affected by the storms in America. My mom lost her new car today in the flooding. We know it's just a car and can be replaced...but others have lost their entire material lives.

School news: More trouble. I finally gave a list of frustrations that I have at school and the root cause of them to my director. She held an emergency meeting of faculty to dicuss my contract renewal (what does the PE teacher and 2nd grade teacher have to do with my contract?!? NOTHING!) (Some people at my school like to hold meetings and tell others it's about X and when you get to the meeting, they arrive with a laundry list of complains about Y...and the others are not prepared to speak). Of course, the meeting was not about my contract, but was a scolding session at my co-teacher. I, of course, was not told about the meeting and was not at school on this day. In the end, they (everyone but my co-teacher) decided all my problems come from the fact that administration personel's English is so poor...In here lies the problem...

This is a crutch for them. Again, they're not taking the time to listen to what I'm saying and how I feel. THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE!!!

So now, if I need to say anything to administration, I must go to my co-teacher and have her relay the message. There are plenty of people who understand and speak English at my school....WHERE IS THE TEAMWORK?!?! Since day one it's always been about the individual. I've never seen co-operation between faculty and staff members as I have in the States....or at my other school in Taiwan!

Again, they made the comparison of what the co-teacher at the other foreign teacher's school does for her. And again, the comparison cannot and should not be made!!! We are in two completely different situations and two completely different people. To compare is absurd and unfair to both of us.

There will be another meeting sometime this week with me to discuss "my questions I have about teaching English." I replied, "I don't have questions about teaching English. I have issues between administration that need to be discussed." And the response is, oh no! We will address your questions about teaching....Can you say, "YOU'RE NOT LISTENING?!?"

I'm pretty sure that this meeting won't be about my questions about teaching English. I'm pretty sure someone will have a list of defense for every point I've addressed..That's usually how it works...Many people at my school tell me that I just don't understand...but I do...I catch on very quickly. They just don't see it.

I want to quit this school so much. But I felt like the Lord said on Sunday, "Stay. Trust me." What ever that means, I'll obey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home