Monday, May 28, 2007

Ano Ai Aloha E from Hawaii!!!!

Yeah, I wish. I'm bringing Hawaii to Taiwan this week. I started teaching my students about Hawaii last week. I came up with this idea since they always tell me "aloha" and are obsessed with my Stitch keyring.
Originally, I was going to teach the students to make leis, but because of difficulies in purchasing materials for my classroom, I decided to do a volcano demonstration. After that, I taugh students simple Hula steps! (Yes, I was dancing...and it HURT)!!!! I found some green pom-poms at a stationary store and made a "grass skirt." I used the song, "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride," from Lilo and Stitch and I created my own Hula dance to it. Most kids had fun. I had one 5th grade boy who loved to do a move called Huli (one sways their hips back and forth while rotating the whole body). He just loved to stick his rear out for the class to see!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home