Thursday, July 05, 2007

I am blessed and highly favored of the Lord!!!

I went to Immigration....AGAIN!

The labor department in Taipei will not give me a work permit for my new job unless I turn in all these other documents (ei copies of my passport pages, letters of resignation from my former employers, etc). My new boss is dumbfounded as to why these papers are necessary. (EI., they're not needed and the labor dept already made the mistake by insisting I submit my W-2 equivilant from Taiwan...which I don't receive because I worked in the public school).

Anyway, I was told that I would only get a 2 week extension on my ARC. I then have to send my passport to Chicago, get a new resident visa, then get a new ARC and do the process ALL over!!! (This is what we have tried to avoid by starting the contract on July 14th). I was told the rules are the rules and you can't do anything about it. No extension beyond 2 weeks.

Obviously, this does me no good.

I went back to immigration with a copy of the letter from the labor department. I tried to explain what was going on, but the lady said, "I know. I know." She then asked if I still lived at the same address and I said yes. She turned around and said

I will give you an extension for ONE MONTH until AUGUST 14. And today, it's FREE for you.


HUH?!? What?!? OH THANK YOU JESUS!!!!


So, when I return to Taiwan on AUGUST 14, I need to haul my butt from Taipei to Immigration in Tainan before they close at 5pm.

Praise God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home