Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Morning.

So, I'm the only teacher that told my students that Christmas is about Jesus. I refuse to teach about santa and elves. I even slipped in one class and told them that santa is not real. But before you harp on me, if I told them that santa brought them presents, I'd be lying to them. I couldn't bring myself to lie to these children.

Not one of my students can tell you that Christmas is about Jesus. So, my classes today were mini-versions of what my Christian family and I on Christmas morning.

I read Luke 1 and 2 to them from the Bible and explained it to them. Then I gave them a gift of Christian music which included some songs about needing a Savior and being saved (which, by the way, they thought santa brought to them...I said, I bought the gifts for them and santa's not taking credit for something I did...haha)and we drank hot chocolate while listening to "It's Called Christmas -- with a capital C!"

Afterwards, we went downstairs for a presentation from another teacher. Teachers had to hide the gifts and they had to find their gift. The students purchased stuffed animals for each other.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home