Friday, January 25, 2008

My Comments from Choi's Facebook.

It seems as if my friend had been getting a lot of negative comments because he probably will vote for Huckabee based on the fact that he's a pastor. Some people didn't like this. They also made several comments about how "good" Joel Olsteen is. And several said that they didn't want a pastor shouting at them they are going to hell if they are sinning. I tried to lay it in 3 posts. It is as follows below...back to work!


Choi, I see you're getting a lot of flack for this. So here's some help. Here's the difference between Huckabee and Olsteen:

Huckabee will admit publically that Jesus Christ is the only way to get to heaven. Olsteen will not. Olsteen will not even have a cross in his church because he doesn't want to offend people who come. (These are his words, not mine...I can find the interview for you, if you'd like...I believe it was with Larry King?)
When repentence and faith is left out of the Gospel message it is NOT the Gospel. By telling people only of God's grace, it only creates false converts. It's telling people that Jesus Christ will give you something that's missing in your life (as Olsteen, Hybels, Bell, and other emergents preach). There is no understanding of sin and repentence.
My question is, is what is this "renewed hope" that people have as a result of their messages? According, to Olsteen, it is "having your BEST life now." Have these preachers ever read the NT?

What is comes down to is Olsteen and those of like mind are afraid of offending people. That is not love. To truly love one is to tell them the true. People don't go to hell because they don't "accept Jesus into their hearts" (by the way...what Bible verse is that?!?) They go to hell because they never repented from sin and put their trust in Jesus.

Do you consider yourself a good person? Do you think you will go to heaven because you accept Christ into your heart and you are now good? Have you ever told a lie, even just one. Have you ever stolen anything, it doesn't matter what it is. Have you ever looked with lust at another person? Jesus said that if you've looked with lust, you committed adultery in your heart. The Bible says that all liars will have their part in the lake of fire. We are going to be judged and will be found guilty if we've broken God's law (sinned even once). We can't pay the fine and THAT'S why we NEED a Savior!

Not because we have "a God size hole in our heart." A good and loving judge won't let you go if you've committed a crime. He will punish you. And God is a good and loving judge. And when one understands this, then Jesus becomes precious to him or her. Jesus' scarificial act becomes precious. And when trials and tribulations come, a Christian clings to God and His Word because he knows that everything is for the Glory of God.
Unlike those who "accept Christ" because he can give me something, they backslide. When times are rough, instead of running to the Cross, they run away....and you know what, it's because they have never slidden forward in the first place.

Some video to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I4RjTabGbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE0Lgt86ZVI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y86FTVLNP4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clIqaEd5guI

Also look up "True and False Conversion" on YouTube. Watch these, then reply.

10 Comments:

At 7:22 AM , Blogger pastorbrianculver said...

I noticed someone had visited my blog from Choi's Facebook. They are in the states here. Now I know how they found me. Good comments for him to read. I hope it encourages him to stand up for the faith the way he should. Osteen will give you a headache if you listen to him too much!

 
At 7:36 AM , Blogger stella said...

Mr. Choi was one of my residents when I was an RA in college. He's a nice kid who needs some teaching. He constantly asks what I know about people and church issues. (I'm sure why...) but anyway, it just so happened that he asked me on facebook if I knew anything about the emergent church. Then I saw all these comments about Olsteen and had to reply. I sent him to your site, team pyro's, and timm's.

Mr. Choi needs some good teaching...

When I went home in summer, I watched Olsteen for the first time...I had a migraine after 15 minutes!!! He's kind of hypnotizing in his voice...

Kinda brainwashing-y if you ask me.

 
At 8:00 AM , Blogger stella said...

wait! how can you tell who views your blog?!?!?

 
At 1:46 PM , Blogger pastorbrianculver said...

go to www.sitemeter.com
You can put it on your sidebar. It is great. From it, I can tell how many people visit each day, I can see where they live (state and country), I can see what url referred them to me, I can see how many pages they viewed, I can tell how long they stayed on, I can pull up a world map and see where the last 100 hits have come from. Best of all, it is free!! try it, you'll like it!

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger pastorbrianculver said...

go to my blog and look on the right hand side. You will see the number of visits I have had. Go ahead and click on it and you will see what I am able to see.

 
At 5:01 PM , Blogger stella said...

creeeeeeepy!!!! :)

man, i go there a lot! that would be a great accountability tool if could be on my desktop and shows how long im online...

(i keep my computer on almost all the time...)

 
At 5:27 PM , Blogger pastorbrianculver said...

I like it! I recognize the cities of many of my readers. I have several that come daily. It also helps me see when people like Jeff come to my site, I can see where he is from and then I can see url's of people when he has posted a comment on their blog about me.

It definitely makes for a good accountability tool.

(but don't stop coming by!!)

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger stella said...

i finally added it! it took forever...im so slow! you know that jeff guy has some connection to lafayette, in (where i lived before taiwan)...i wonder if i know him...

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger pastorbrianculver said...

hey, maybe he's an old boyfriend!!!!!

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger stella said...

hahahaha...that would be soooooo funny!! too bad i dont want to ask him if he ever lived there...or maybe i should...i could say, "hey did you ever live in lafayette. i think i know you." that might freak him out.

oh, im crazy...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home