Sunday, April 13, 2008

E-mails, E-mails, and More E-mails.

I've gotten a lot of responses to what I posted on that board. I'm really amazed at it all. Everytime someone, well, I should say, anyone promoting Christianity on the board, they get attacked. A number of people have replied and I haven't felt attacked. I presented the Gospel and they gave their view points. I even got one encouraging note:

Hi Miss Nicole

I don't know if that is your name, but it is not important. I have to say well done on a very well thought out answer. You stayed calm (where I would have gotten all worked up) and logical. Well done.

Pierre


I will post the rest of them later. I hope they will be an encouragment to you not to back off in defending or explaining your faith. Oh, and actually someone wanted me to watch this film in which the filmmakers claim that Jesus is really Horus (an Egyptian god) and that he never existed. I need to find time to give a detailed reply to it because their film is full of holes and they ingore historical evidence.

I will gladly add a thought or two to your questions, but first I wouldstrongly advise you to watch ZEITGEISTMOVIE. You can watch in online onYoutube, or you can go to www.zeitgeistmovie.com and watch it liveonline. All for free. The intro of 10 minutes or so is a bit heavy, butthan it gets much better. In order not to overload your brain (its a 2hour watch!)I would advise you to first watch the first hour, and laterwatch the second. The first hour is about religion mostly. the secondhour is about the new world order and the truth behind 9/11 in thegreater scope of history.Tell me when you watched the first hour, and I'll gladly get back toyou then. Stan

To this I sent my first reply:

I'm not even going to comment on this as a Christian, but as a historian (because that's what I'm trained as). The filmmakers of this movie obviously ignore historial evidence. Their methods of investigation and material are faulty. And therefore, cannot be considered for anything more than a good cry.

The filmmakers have an agenda: to disprove the existance of Jesus. They already thought of the end result and took material and twist itto fit into their hypothesis. All historians should know this is not how research is conducted.

They have neither an understanding of astrology or the historical basis for it. As far as Horus, I've actually studied Egyptian mythology in Egypt. (Where else would one go, but to the source).

Anyway, I just got home from being out all day and I will do my best to reply in further detail to you and Axel tomorrow. With regards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home