Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pub Witnessing.

After our staff dinner, everyone went to this pub for a drink. I went to be social, but what does one do at a pub when they don't drink...they find some fish!!!

I saw these 5 guys sitting in a room, drinking and smoking. I said hi to them and introduced myself. About 10 minutes later, I told my co-worker that I want to go share the Gospel with them. She's a Christian, but is very shy and was hesitant. I convinced 4 others to go with me as well. (Really, just to be safe, although there was a huge window and everyone could see me...and for translation purposes).

I took the boys through the Law and Grace. At first, they make a huge joke about it. They said they were just living for the moment and enjoying themselves. They said that I was asking very serious questions. They were gracious and gave me some time to talk to them about repentence, sin, death, and eternal life. The boy second from the left was the most vocal. It was all a joke to him until he knew he was in trouble. The boy was very solemn and began to cry. I told them that I wasn't here to ruin their night, but we are not promised tomorrow. They said they would think about the things I said and I gave them some Gospel tracks. Please pray for these boys. Two of them were very receptive, but their friends were there. If it were one-on-one, it would have been different. However, I had to tell them!!! I couldn't wait to see if I could get them each alone.

Please pray for Dustin, Ian, Cody, Push, and one who doesn't have an English name, but God knows his name...



Also, my non-Christian co-worker said she learned a lot from that encounter. I said, well you heard what I talked about and does it concern you? She said no. I put a Gospel tract in her purse before she left and told her to read it later.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM , Blogger pastorbrianculver said...

Great job Stella!! I'll bet you had to be feeling pretty good after doing that, didn't you? It seems the more we witness to people, the more we want to keep doing it. I will be praying for them and you have my continued prayers for you too.

God bless
Brian

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home