Monday, July 14, 2008

Revelation Generation Evangelism Training

This Saturday I went to Rev Gen (www.revelationgeneration.org) training, although, I won't be attending. We had the Way of the Master Crash Course in Evangelism. I started out in the English speaking group, but was convinced by some new friends to join the Spanish speaking group Since I've already completed, SOBE, it was alright. And to my surprise, I understood 90% of what Jonathan was saying...Wow!! But then the fun part came...it was time to practice sharing the Gospel IN SPANISH!!!! Mine took the longest because I had to think a lot...ask for help for words and phrases I didn't know how to express...but praise God! I did it!! It wasn't perfect (and that's cool with me) but it was good enough for someone to understand.

Afterwards, we went out to preach the Word in New Brunswick, NJ. I went with my new friends and a couple of us got separated from the rest. God is so good and faithful!! As we turned the corner, Jonathan was praying that we would actually have a conversation with someone about the Gospel. A few steps later, I heard Yvonne say that she needed a good laugh. I immediately seized the opportunity and handed her a "101 Worlds Funniest One Liners" tracts. We struck up a conversation and we were on our way. Yvonne believed that her drug addiction was sending her to hell. We told her that drugs don't send people to hell, but when it becomes an idol in one's life, that person has broken the 1st and 2nd Commandments. The consequences of breaking God's Law (sin) is hell, not the drugs themselves.

On the same block, we met Pat. I grieve for Pat. Pat said that he deserves hell because of the things he has done. He believes it would be right for God to judge him and not allow him into heaven. HOWEVER, he does NOT believe in forgiveness. With a few more questions, we learned that Pat does not believe that God exists. We begged him to consider and think about the things we told him. Forgiveness exists. God is real. Death is inevitable. Time is short. How will God judge you according to His Word on judgement day?

I felt so incredibly encouraged and was glad I joined the Spanish speaking group! So encouraged, I might add, that on the way into Manhattan, I was sitting next to a guy from Mexico that didn't speak English! He looked at the book a was reading and saw my tract (which I was using as a bookmark). I saw him glance away when I caught him but instantly gave it to him. I witnessed using the Law and telling him the Good News of the Gospel all in Spanish!!! He was completely open and receptive of the Gospel!!! I pray for Marcelito. After that, we had a good conversation in Spanish about where we both where going and what we did for work.


I'm going to start reading my Spanish Bible again....I really WANT to practice more!!



3 Comments:

At 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...it must be interesting to see you express the Bible in Spanish..i guess now you can understand how it feels like as i chatted with you before....
Eric from Tainan

 
At 11:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww!! But your English is soooo much better than my Spanish!! :)

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger pastorbrianculver said...

multi language evangelism! I am impressed! Way to go on actually getting out there and doing the work that we are all called to do! Praise God! hope you are doing well

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home